[Greasemonkey] GM and Scripts Installed but Not Working

Matt McDonald matt at intinfo.com
Mon Apr 25 12:13:55 EDT 2005

Sorry to post this to a dev group, but I don't know where else to look
for help.

I'm running FF 1.0.2 on Windows XP Pro. I did a clean uninstall of FF
1.0.3 over the weekend and then a reinstall of FF 1.0.2. Installed GM
0.2.6 this morning (in case it matters, I had not used GM in prior FF
installation) and picked up about a half dozen scripts of interest.
After installing each script, the "script installed, refresh page"
message box appeared. I can go in an enable/disable scripts, add
exceptions, etc. The scripts just aren't being fed into the pages.

I have done the following based on suggestions to same problem by a
different poster:
1. I deactivated all extensions (except GM) and restarted FF. No change.
2. I created a test.js script and installed it to GM to trigger a dialog
box when any page loads. The dialog never appeared. (This, however, may
be due to user error as I've never created any type of browser or js
script, so I may have just done it wrong).
3. I checked the JS Console for errors. There are dozens, almost all of
which seem to be related to GM. They're all the same:

"Error: commandManager is not defined
Source File: chrome://greasemonkey/content/browser.xul    Line: 41"

Any idea what I've done to screw this up? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Matt McDonald