[Greasemonkey] Rich text editor replacement for textarea

Edward Lee edilee at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:28:12 EDT 2005

Not sure if you already know about some javascript textarea wysiwyg
editors.. here's a few I found fairly quickly.

http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/
http://www.freetextbox.com/
http://www.fckeditor.net/
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

I was thinking about using something like that in a user script, but
what you're looking to implement is automatic cross engine (forum/wiki
engine) support. Supposidly most of those editors are fairly easily to
config, so the user script would have to detect what kind of page it
is and provide the corresponding tags to fill in.

--
Ed