[Greasemonkey] deGoogled

dmccunney dennis.mccunney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:03:47 EDT 2005

On 4/25/05, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/25/05, dmccunney <dennis.mccunney at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/25/05, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Ping response is commonly squelched to cloak firewalls and such.  The
> > > lack of a ping response does not necessarily mean TCP/IP is blocked.
> > >
> > > Here's mine, for example:
> > It doesn't do that to me:
> Yeah, my point was just that a bad ping result doesn't mean the site
> doesn't like you in particular.

Agreed.  I've been going around a similar issue in the GMail Help
forums, with people saying "How can I ask for a Return Receipt in

Short answer: You can't.  It's not supported.

Longer Answer: Even if it was, the server you are sending *to* might
not honor it.  Lack of receipt does not mean non-delivery.

When I see issues like this, I always assume the problem is on my side
and look at my own connection first.