[Greasemonkey] Rich text editor replacement for textarea

Edward Lee edilee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 02:52:57 EDT 2005

On 4/26/05, Nikolas Coukouma <lists at atrus.org> wrote:
> I should mention that if you use Midas, you have a DOM ready to be
> serialized into whatever format you want.

Well... I'm not sure if this is exactly what you were talking about,
but I did some really really quick implementation of going through the
DOM to generate the tags.

http://ed.agadak.net/richText/rte.html
Now it shows an attempted switch back to [tags] when clicking on the page.

Julien, were you having issues with regular expressions trying to
match the generated html?

On a side note, giving iframe src="data:..." gives permission errors
which does make sense because the target domain is different from the
current one.

--
Ed