[Greasemonkey] Crash on "Install User Script"

Nikolas 'Atrus' Coukouma lists at atrus.org
Wed Apr 27 02:45:29 EDT 2005

a.list.address at gmail.com wrote:

>I just installed Greasemonkey into Firefox 1.0.2 (Debian package
>1.0.2-3).  When I right-click a script URL in the repository wiki,
>Firefox instantly crashes, simply disappearing from the screen.  When
>I restart Firefox, the script has not been installed.

Hm, what version of Greasemonkey, exactly? 0.2.6 is what's linked from
the front page's "install greasemonkey." 0.3b is listed in the sidebar.
Others have been mentioned and released on this list.

>Also, clicking Tools > Manage User Scripts or Install User Script does
>nothing; the menu simply disappears.
>
>I tried closing all tabs until all I had was a blank tab, then
>uninstalling, restarting Firefox, and reinstalling Greasemonkey.  Same
>thing.
>
>Any help?  This is really frustrating.  :(

Also, please try running it from the command-line and seeing if there
are any error messages printed. The more debugging info the merrier.

Hm, I assume others using this Debian package haven't had the same
problem? It looks like they applied some patches to the normal 1.0.2
release to address the security problems [1]. 1.0.3 is in the "unstable"
group of packages, according to the web listing. I'd suggest downloading
and trying the 1.0.3 .deb [2] if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

[1]
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/m/mozilla-firefox/mozilla-firefox_1.0.2-3/changelog
[2] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/mozilla-firefox

-Nikolas 'Atrus' Coukouma