[Greasemonkey] Crash on "Install User Script"

a.list.address at gmail.com a.list.address at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 01:50:30 EDT 2005

Thanks for your reply, Nikolas.

Yes, it's 0.2.6.  I'm afraid that something is messed up in Firefox's
chrome, because I ran the Profile Manager, made a new profile,
installed Greasemonkey, and it worked.  Argh!

I did run Firefox from the command line, and the only thing it said
was "Segmentation fault" when Firefox crashed.

The only thing I can think of that might be a clue was an obtuse error
message that was displayed in the console when I ran Firefox after
setting some extensions to be uninstalled (maybe it was Greasemonkey
itself, I can't remember).  I think it said that it was unable to
unregister some chrome, but I do recall that it did not say which
extension or chrome it was unable to unregister; being so unhelpful, I
ignored it.

I've invested a lot of time in customizing this Firefox profile with
extensions, toolbar changes, etc.  All of my other extensions work
perfectly!  Is there anything I can do to fix this without making a
new profile?