[Greasemonkey] Aardvark firefox extension -> GM user script

Scott R. Turner srt at aero.org
Wed Apr 27 14:12:21 EDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Julien Couvreur wrote:
> I just turned it into a user script (pretty trivial since the Aardvark
> code is in a javascript overlay file
> http://www.karmatics.com/aardvark/aardvarkOverlay.js). It's posted at
> http://blog.monstuff.com/archives/images/Aardvark.user.js
> Go to the commands menu to "Start Aardvark".

Julien --

I found a couple of errors in your script.  The lines:

 	d.setAttribute("onmouseover", "advrk_clearBox()");
         setTimeout ("advrk_clearPrompt(" + promptInc + ")", 400);

both ended up causing Javascript errors when the script is loaded with
a page.  I'm fairly certain that's because these functions are local
to the "launchAardvark" function, so that when they're called from
onmouseover or the Timeout they're out of context.

My Javascript skillz are not strong enough to suggest a solution :-).

 	       -- Scott