[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey 0.4 plans?

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:17:27 EDT 2005

On 4/28/05, Julien Couvreur <julien.couvreur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> What are the plans for GM 0.4? Mostly bugs? Some features too?
>
> Two of the features I'm hoping for, that were discussed on the DL:
> - exporting installed user script list to html/xhtml/something and
> "load all scripts from url". Any pointers on how to do that, if
> somebody wants to look into it and provide a patch?
> - literal strings (GM_getSelf()). That one is simple and mostly done
> (on a previous thread).

Well, 0.4 implies new features.  But I'd like to do a 0.3.1 to fix
bugs and assorted extension compatibility issues.  Not that I've had
much time for GM lately.. exams.

For 0.4, though:
Exporting installed would attach an XSLT to the config.xml, and start
storing the source URL in that file.  A chrome button would navigate
to an HTML file created by rendering config.xml with XSLT.

There's a processor that would allow a plain html file to be generated:
http://www.xulplanet.com/references/objref/XSLTProcessor.html
and
http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~sa386/epterm2/sqlxml/week9/The%20XSLT-JavaScript%20Interface%20In%20Gecko.htm

Importing would be sort of tricky from a UI perspective.  I don't
think I'd like to use an mass install that just accepts all defaults,
but I also wouldn't want to answer the same dialog for each script.
Any opinions?

I do want to do this, but it's not a high priority to me.

GM_getSelf, OK.

What else for 0.4?