[Greasemonkey] Page-load jumpiness

alan taylor kokogiak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:28:46 EDT 2005

In experimenting, I've had a little luck with some pages by initially setting:
  document.getElementsByTagName("BODY")[0].style.display="none";

Then executing the main user script function via a timeout (100ms),
giving the browser time to hide the content before manipulating it,
then the last step of the main user script function is to reset the
body style to "".

This technique does not work for large pages, or pages with multimedia
or frames, but it did work for a few smaller-weight samples, like
google.com homepage and some personal pages.

Better than nothing. Sample code:

  document.getElementsByTagName("BODY")[0].style.display="none";

  function p(){
	  document.getElementsByTagName("IMG")[0].style.width="100%";
	  document.getElementsByTagName("BODY")[0].style.display="";
  }

  setTimeout("p()",100);

-Alan