[Greasemonkey] Edit scripts in "Manage" with version 0.3b - keep getting First time Alert

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 18:56:58 EDT 2005

On 4/30/05, Alec Burgess <buralex at gmail.com> wrote:
> I manually created "greasemonkey.warnedWindowsEditor" setting it to
> "true". Going back to Greasemonkey Manage and again clicking  [Edit],
> this time brings up my editor - YIPPEE - Now I can play with the
> "Hello World" script. :-)
>
> I guess either the installer or the manage code itself was supposed to
> create that entry?

Yes, that's what this line of code is supposed to do:
prefMan.setValue("warnedWindowsEditor", true);

Which worked for me (W2K w/ FF 1.0.2, and again just now on FF 1.0.3).

... I noticed just now that you don't mention
"greasemonkey.pointThreeMigrated", which is another value you should
have.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Can you please navigate to your config.xml file in your GM install directory?

It's at \profile-dir\{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}\chrome\greasemonkey\content\scripts\config.xml

Then attach that (or post a fragment, if you've privacy concerns).

I'm interested in seeing the format of that file, because without the
pointThreeMigrated entry, your install should be puking all over
itself. :)