[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey 0.4 - Last call

Bill Donnelly donnelly at snowcrest.net
Wed Jul 6 23:19:03 EDT 2005

Yesterday I went to the doctor and said,
"Doc, it hurts when I raise my arm this high."

And he said, "Then don't raise it that high."

;) ;o)

But, seriously, I'm not huge on the fact that CANCEL
reverts all of the installs and uninstalls.

That just seems weird and not right to me.

I wouldn't automatically expect it to work that way.
(and was surprised to hear that it does -- I would
have reported that as a bug --- and it does cause
'concerns' on what to do when the EDIT button is
pressed -- altho I think someone previously requested
that the dialog box either be closed, or not closed,
when EDIT is pressed -- I forget which)

If it is to work that way, I would prefer to see
any installed and uninstalled items with changed
colors or something to signify that they haven't
been OK'd yet. (RED is good)

Kind of like when FF says, "This extension will be
installed/uninstalled the next time you run Firefox."

OR!, when you press CANCEL, it should pop up a warning
dialog that says something like, "You have installed
or uninstalled scripts. Press CANCEL to continue and lose
these changes, or OK to abort previous Cancel."
(I reversed the OK/CANCEL button 'standard' usage in
the above example, which may be too weird -- but it's
just an example suggestion, so...)

p.s. Is this a bad time to request that each installed
script have its own icon, if specified by the author,
like FF extensions do? I was just thinking that you
guys have too much free time on your hands and not
enough to do on Greasemonkey exnhancements and all.

;o)

--
Jack the Ripper may have been quite insane,
but he had beautiful penmanship.