[Greasemonkey] Does Gm work with Camino?

Nikolas Coukouma lists at atrus.org
Thu Jul 7 16:27:32 EDT 2005

Lenny Domnitser wrote:

>On 7/7/05, Bill Donnelly <donnelly at snowcrest.net> wrote:
>

>>And does Gm work with Camino?
>>

>I'm not sure that Camino can use any XUL.

You are correct. Camino is a XUL-free Gecko browser. We'd basically have
to write a whole new version of Greasemonkey for it. It's not as big a
job as, say, Turnabout, because there's still XPCOM but it will take a
fair amount of work.

I'm not even sure how to write a Camino extension. I know it's possible,
because I've seen a couple[1]. I'd just read the source for a camino
extension to get the feel for it, but I haven't seen any source relating
to Camino extensions. I suppose I could hop into the source[2] or
something, but it's all Objective-C and Cocoa (I'm not terribly familiar
with either).

If someone happens to know where I could find some information about
writing extensions, let me know. There's nothing at the official site[3]
or in the MozillaZine knowledge base[4].

[1] http://www.nada.de/mac/index_en.html
[2] http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/camino/
[3] http://www.caminobrowser.org/
[4] http://kb.mozillazine.org/Camino