[Greasemonkey] New Script Manager UI

Lenny Domnitser ldrhcp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 02:22:44 EDT 2005

On 7/7/05, Lenny Domnitser <ldrhcp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/7/05, Aaron Boodman <zboogs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sounds great! When can we look forward to some working examples? :-)
> Oy. What have I gotten into? Well, *not* 0.4, but I'll do it
> eventually. It shouldn't be too hard to get it working, but I'm not
> very experienced with XUL.

Well, my "not 0.4" prediction may be off. I have a mostly working
manager, which I have attached. Note that some things, like modifying
include/exclude, do not work in the manager, so it is not for regular
use, but is safe to test.

Back up your Greasemonkey content directory* and then replace
browser.js and manage.xul, and add manage.css.

Also, there's a little bug that is very confusing to me, and a more
experienced XUList can hopefully help. At least on my setup, when the
first script in the list is selected, there is no UI indication of it.
It does not get the highlighted background that other items get when
selected. Everything (that I implemented so far) still works with it,
but it does not get visually selected. Any ideas?

And for those too scared or lazy to use this pre-alpha software, I
have attached a screenshot.

* (your profile)/extensions/{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}/chrome/greasemonkey/content/