[Greasemonkey] AutoClick

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 23:51:15 EDT 2005

I scoffed at it, but my life is noticeably improved with GM_openInTab.
 Following up on the previous discussion of dontclick.it and related
user scripts, I've whipped up a very simple "hover to click" script.
Hovering over a link for 1.5 seconds will open it in a new tab.  For
best effect, go to Tools/Options/Advanced/Tabbing Browsing and uncheck
"Select new tabs opened from links", so that GM_openInTab will open
the link in a new tab in the background.

The script remembers if it has already auto-opened a link, so it
doesn't repeatedly open new tabs if you hover longer than 1.5 seconds,
nor if you later hover over a previously auto-opened link.

It also notices if you ctrl-click a link, and doesn't auto-open that
link if you hover over it later.

Requires GM 0.4.  Will do nothing in previous versions.

http://diveintomark.org/projects/greasemonkey/autoclick.user.js

-Mark