[Greasemonkey] Re: Greasemonkey 0.4 - Last call (Aaron Boodman)

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:11:17 EDT 2005

> Why not use XMLHTTPRequest or some other downloading interface that
> does not leave an entry in the Download Manager?

I don't want to start downloading something in the background of
unknown length over unknown connection with no indication to the user
that it's happening or when it will be done.

Am I insane?

I'm totally fine with putting a timer on it or something so it doesn't
flash for short downloads. But even FF does this for, for instance,
saving an HTML file.