[Greasemonkey] import / include / link to external extension

Nikolas Coukouma lists at atrus.org
Tue Jul 12 19:03:15 EDT 2005

Lenny Domnitser wrote:

>On 7/12/05, Nikolas Coukouma <lists at atrus.org> wrote about exporting
>objects to GM scripts:
>

>>Again: it's rare, possibly never actually useful. On the other hand, it
>>has potential, requires little effort, and results in a nice generalization.
>>

>Dependencies in user scripts? -1

This is does not add dependencies for all scripts or introduce
dependency management into Greasemonkey. It is a simple refactoring of
existing code that also makes it easier to extend Greasemonkey without
(mini-)forking or bundling. Is there a downside (within GM) to this
refactoring? Is there a reason why we should make it hard to extend
Greasemonkey and user scripts with other extensions?

The only loss I see is a few moments of my time this evening.

-Nikolas Coukouma