[Greasemonkey] import / include / link to external extension

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 17:57:59 EDT 2005

Guys, chill. I think there was a misunderstanding.

TOP was asking about adding GM_* functions to user scripts' scope
through a regular FF extension. This seems strange to me, but nbd. He
was not asking about adding through a user scripts, which would
introduce dependencies.

Nik, to be honest I'd be way more interested in any help you could
provide pushing 0.4 out the door. I have a list of bugs and things to
look into if you're interested -- I know I've been sucky about keeping
them in bugzilla, I feel like they're my responsibility since it was
my thing to refactor. But if you have time to kill, I'd appreciate
solidifying this release.

But, if you're excited about doing this, feel free. You should know
that there are some cases to consider:

* functions which never change (GM_xmlhttpRequest)
* functions which change for each page load (GM_registerMenuCommand)
* functions which change for each user script (GM_setValue, GM_log)

I'm not sure how or whether to expose this outside of GM. It may be
slightly more than a few lines of code.

- a