[Greasemonkey] New Script Manager UI

Bill Donnelly donnelly at snowcrest.net
Tue Jul 12 21:50:47 EDT 2005

Yes, and that is a design flaw, too.

As I mentioned, I have an extension that adds a CLOSE button to
the Extension Manager window. (some of us had this discussion
on the mozillaZine forums, which is where that extension came from)

It's just bad form to require someone to click the [X] button to
close a window. Imo, lazy, or just bad, programming on the
Ffx team's part. (I'm sure they cover a full range of levels and
degrees and abilities and experience)

Which is why you hardly ever see a window on well-designed
and well-programmed software not have a CLOSE, or CANCEL,
or other similar button (or menu Exit/Quit). It would be like having
a dialog window with an OK button, and no CANCEL button, and
requiring you to use the [X] button as cancel/close.

--
Jack the Ripper may have been quite insane,
but he had beautiful penmanship.