[Greasemonkey] extract from <script> tags...

Nikolas Coukouma lists at atrus.org
Wed Jul 13 18:46:34 EDT 2005

Blake West wrote:

>>First of all, Java and Javascript are completely different languages, so
>>you might want to start by reading a primer/tutorial/etc on it.
>>

>JavaScript is probably the worst language name in history. I have
>worked with developers that thought JavaScript was a derivative of
>Java even after they worked with it for several months, just because
>of that false pattern VB:VBScript::Java:JavaScript.

Yeah, it's all Netscape's fault for tapping into the Java hype at the
time. If it's any consolation, they did develop LiveConnect so
Javascript can interact with Java applets.

I make a point of writing it with a lower-case 's' in the vain hope to
keep people from parsing it as "java script". Oh well.