[Greasemonkey] greasemonkey for secure data over insecure networks / sites

John gm at plsek.id.au
Tue Jul 19 05:30:33 EDT 2005

Mark Pilgrim wrote:

>This exploit affects Greasemonkey.  You are not running Greasemonkey;
>you are running a fork of Greasemonkey.  Your fork is immune to this
>particular exploit

Actually, it's not a fork, it was an exercise to defeat an exploit.
Based on it's success at defeating that particular exploit I invited
comments about that method as an effective way of circumventing a flaw
that is seen by at least one person to be major.

Personally I don't use any scripts that have a global include, that and
the fact that I only use scripts I've written myself, means I only have
to worry about the possibility that one of the handful of sites I've
written scripts for will suddenly decide to try and "spank my monkey" ;-)

John