[Greasemonkey] greasemonkey for secure data over insecure networks / sites

Nikolas Coukouma lists at atrus.org
Mon Jul 18 17:03:19 EDT 2005

Julien Couvreur wrote:

>No need to have principals and ACL stuff for this kind of security.
>Simply having a correct design and enforced encapsulation (private
>variables stay private and you cannot guess references to objects, you
>need to be given them by someone else) works.
>
>Cheers,
>Julien
>
>http://erights.org (lots of info on capability-based security, in
>contrast with principal-based security)

Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately, Aaron's had little luck with getting the
encapsulation approach to actually work. The signing approach is
probably slow, unnecessarily complicated, and generally not what I'd
prefer. Still, I want to take a stab at implementing it and see how it
goes, just so we have a backup plan.

-Nikolas Coukouma