[Greasemonkey] greasemonkey for secure data over insecure networks / sites

John Plsek gm at plsek.id.au
Tue Jul 19 08:14:11 EDT 2005

Aaron Boodman wrote:

>Nice. I die now.
>In other news, somebody named Mike Shaver in #developers has pointed out this:
>I think it's only available in recent versions of FF, but it does the
>job for the most part. Might be able to add it to 0.4, but it will
>break old FF support (but who cares).
>- a
>Greasemonkey mailing list
>Greasemonkey at mozdev.org
Can anyone explain why the following changes in dochandler.js don't
break any of my scripts, one of which is a 93kByte monster, and they use
everything but registerMenuCommand ... or why it's not a good idea even
though it works?

        var theDoc=this.contentWindow.document;
        var theWin=theDoc.defaultView.window;
        var toInject = ["(function(document, window, ",
                "GM_xmlhttpRequest, GM_registerMenuCommand, GM_setValue, ",
                "GM_getValue, GM_log, GM_openInTab)",
                " { ",
                "\n})(theDoc, theWin, xmlhttpRequest,
registerMenuCommand, setValue, getValue, ",
                "log, GM_openInTab);"