[Greasemonkey] greasemonkey for secure data over insecure networks / sites

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:06:38 EDT 2005

On 7/18/05, Blake West <blakewest at gmail.com> wrote:
> So what is the short term strategy for not exposing yourself to
> malicious attacks, barring making the monkey frown until a real fix is
> released?
>
> I've already turned off all the scripts that run on every site. What
> else should I do?

Uninstall Greasemonkey altogether.  At this point, I don't trust
having it on my computer at all.  I would think that whoever is in
charge of addons.mozilla.org should immediately remove the
Greasemonkey XPI and post a large warning in its place advising people
to uninstall it.

By the way, "Greasemonkey Hacks" is DEAD until we fix this.  And I'm
posting a big red blinking warning on every page of
diveintogreasemonkey.org advising visitors to uninstall it, until all
of these security holes are closed.  This is why God invented the
<blink> tag.

-Mark