[Greasemonkey] Alternative script injection technique proof of concept

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:26:33 EDT 2005

I talked to Brendan Eich about this approach and he recommended
against it since the code will still have chrome permissions if
executed this way. It could still do things that it should be able to
without the Components object.

Like,

for (var i = 0; i < window.frames.length; i++) {
  alert(window.frames[i].document.body.innerHTML);
}

even if the frames are in different domains.

--
Aaron