[Greasemonkey] GreaseMonkeyed.com - Script Repository

Nic Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 14:30:04 EDT 2005

Britt Selvitelle <anotherbritt at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Jesse and I are very happy to release http://greasemonkeyed.com, a
> repository we've been working on for greasemonkey scripts. We've been
> working on this for a few weeks now, and we hope everyone enjoys it.

It is gorgeous.

> Tagging: yes it's another tagging app :) Check the site for details.

I don't really understand how tagging helps. The front page looks good
though.

> Of course we're still working on a lot of features, so email us with
> suggestions or bugs. Ok, gotta get back to the beach (I'm at a coffee
> shop Kailua) :)

Please: can we have a webservice to find scripts by url?

A url that you can do a query on to produce a list of scripts that
match a supplied url, eg:

  GET http://greasmonkeyed.com?byurl=http://www.something.org&include_wildcards=yes

returns:

  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <scripts>
   <script>
     <name>Something Else</name>
     <description>Makes something.org do something else</description>
     <url>http://www.myhost.com/downloads/something-else.user.js</url>
   </script>
   <script>
     <name>Technorati</name>
     <description>...</description>
     <url>http://www.myhost.com/downloads/something-else.user.js</url>
   </script>
  </scripts>

Obviously, it could be anything, but it would be nice to be able to
parse it. JSON might be cool. Looking at the format above simple RSS
2.0 would probably fit.

If we have this then nice GM written auto-discovery is possible.

Pretty please.

Nic