[Greasemonkey] say horray for evalInSandbox()

Anthony Lieuallen arantius at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:57:49 EDT 2005

> * it's pretty slow! ~20-40ms for each insertion
> * having trouble getting decent error reports when user scripts fail

While I strongly applaud your efforts in the suddenly-come-to-light
security issues, I hope this isn't the final solution =)  I absolutely
love greasemonkey, I have written quite a range of scripts for it, and
I currently have 11 include * scripts, and a few site specifics.  It
simply won't work to have a half second delay added on every page.

As an aside, if I read the other long thread correctly there's only
two actual issues to consider:

- Leaking API calls (and through them local files)
- Leaking script source

I don't care much about the latter, and the first only for the files.
I only use 1 script that makes any API calls (and just menu commands)
that I can live without rather easily.   So I'm safe with the neutered
0.3.5 posted correct?