[Greasemonkey] GM_xmlhttpRequest and localhost

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:05:21 EDT 2005

On 7/19/05, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:

> I personally would just like a GM-level "allow localhost requests"
> switch.  I don't need the granularity per script, but maybe someone
> else done.

I could envision a scenario such as the one discussed in a recent
press article where a startup company that is unable to gain support
from major websites would distribute its product, or hints at it, via
a universal GM script.  In this case, it may be important for that
company that it is able to ensure its corporate customers that it is
safe to run their script on their intranet.
It's a classic functionality vs security trade-off.

 - Godmar