[Greasemonkey] GM_setValue limit?

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:50:42 EDT 2005

On 7/18/05, Nikolas Coukouma <lists at atrus.org> wrote:
> Interesting. The prefereneces system just uses c-style char* internally,
> so there shouldn't be a limit.

This is actually a question I've had for a while, and it's good to
know that values can theoretically be arbitrarily long.

> I also seem to recall Mark Pilgrim having some trouble with
> caching entire pages.

My troubles stemmed not from the length but the character encoding.
I've worked around the problem by "ASCII"fying values before storing
them.  Sucks, but works well enough for my purposes.  Sorry,
rest-of-the-world-outside-USA-and-England!

-Mark