[Greasemonkey] say horray for evalInSandbox()

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:55:37 EDT 2005

> > Which patch?
> >
> evalInSandbox.patch as attached. Is there anything better available?
> Is this horribly broken in some way I don't know about? (I know it's
> slow and error reporting is broken)
>
> It doesn't trigger Mark's warning and it seems to work okay with a
> test script or two. Even if it breaks a bunch, it's better than having
> no Greasemonkey at all, yes?

Thanks for your enthusiasm. I specifically avoided making a build
since I didn't know anything about what it would do :-). I guess I am
a bit of a control freak.

It breaks for sure for certain xpath queries. That's the main thing
I'm aware of. This will likely be a known issue even with the official
release. Also, it user scripts throw errors, the results in js console
can be pretty cryptic.

Yes, I have a better one that I'm working on. Can we wait until lunch
or something, though? I hate putting half broken half tested stuff out
there.

--
Aaron