[Greasemonkey] Claiming ownership of GreaseMonkeyed.com scripts

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:33:25 EDT 2005

On 7/20/05, Lenny Domnitser <ldrhcp at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about this method of claiming?
>
> A file is created in the same directory or a subdirectory of the GM
> namespace, which says who owns the namespace. So, if somebody's
> namespace is http://example.com/myscripts, they can create a file at
> the URL http://example.com/myscripts/etc/greasemonkeyedauth.txt, which
> could look like this:

What we'd thought of on us.o was to have an author enter some URL he
controls (not assuming anything from script contents), and after
giving her a token, they'd put that token in a file at the given URL.
 The site would then verify the magic token at that URL.  Then any
script w/ a download URL at the same directory or lower would
automatically be associated to that user.

Of course, it'd be nice to accomplish claiming in a way that would be
visible to regular readers, and be viral.