[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey Dict

Prakash Kailasa pk-moz at kailasa.net
Thu Jul 21 12:18:19 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 10:07:36AM -0500, Jeremy Dunck wrote:
> On 7/21/05, Aaron Kurtz <aaron.kurtz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Would using an extension that specifically blocks all JS save a specified
> > whitelist allow us to run the older versions safely?  Assuming that we only
> > allow trusted sites to run JS?
>
> Without knowing more, I can't say, though I would err on the side of "no".

I installed the NoScript extension (http://www.noscript.net/) and
tested with Mark's test pages.

http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/experiments/script-leak.html
http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/experiments/function-leak.html

Neither ran when Mark's site was (by default) not allowed. Both ran
when I allowed the site.

FF 1.0.5
GM 0.3b (I know, I am a bit behind in this profile!)
Debian GNU/Linux unstable (kernel 2.6.11)

/prakash

--
|Behind every great computer sits a skinny little geek.                |