[Greasemonkey] Can't uninstall GM.

Anthony Lieuallen arantius at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:37:37 EDT 2005

On 7/25/05, J G <buygamescheap at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In the Extensions window, Greasemonkey always says,
> "This item will be uninstalled after you restart
> Firefox." I would actually like to uninstall it, but
> it won't let me do anything. Any ideas?

This is likely really a Firefox problem, and a corrupted profile.
Find your profile folder ( http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit
) and then the Extensions.rdf file inside there.  Remove any
references to greasemonkey, and look for it's GUID (this funny thing:
{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781} ) too.

Or, remove the profile and start over.  Be sure to back up your
bookmarks and etc.