[Greasemonkey] GM and Portable Firefox

Bill Donnelly donnelly at snowcrest.net
Tue Jul 26 02:41:07 EDT 2005

Colorzilla creates a directory above the extensions
directory and on equal par with it. I don't know if
that's the best idear, either. (+?)

You could put the dir directly in the extensions dir. (?)

Or maybe in the Gm extension root (GUID) dir. (instead
of 'hidden' down below under chrome...) (-?+)

Anywhere where the scripts won't disappear if you
uninstall Gm for a reinstall, etc., would be best. (++?)

I would suggest that you ask the user where they
want to put the directory, but that could potentially
be somewhat problematic for NewB's. Maybe. You could
offer a default for them, that could be changed.

Most extensions don't store local data, so I've never
heard of a "best place" location.

A few ideas to ponder, anyway.

--
Jack the Ripper may have been quite insane,
but he had beautiful penmanship.