[Greasemonkey] Still can't uninstall GM

dart_board rfikel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:31:23 EDT 2005

Using win/xp FF v 1.0.6 greasemonkey 0.3.5

I have two problems with greasemonkey

1.won't uninstall .. all is says is greasemonky will be unistalled next
time you restart. I've restarted, rebooted and still..same problem

2. the little greasemonky icon in the status bar doesn't show up the
first time I open FF...only after I open a second instance of FF does it
display properly.

Now I have tried to manually uninstal greasmonky by deleting all refs to
it in chrome.rdf, extension.rdf and removing the folder from the
extension folder.... but this hoses FF completely. It refuses to start,
even in safe mode after that.

So, any suggestions besides deleting the profile and re-installing FF?