[Greasemonkey] Still can't uninstall GM

Bill Donnelly donnelly at snowcrest.net
Thu Jul 28 10:34:26 EDT 2005

It seems a bit odd that Gm won't uninstall.
Below is what I did as I mentioned in a post above.
However, I have OS = WinME, which I suppose could
make a difference. But it's not THAT different.
I'll expand my 'instructions' to make sure they are clear:

Using the Firefox Extension Manager, I uninstalled Greasemonkey (0.4.2).
I then quit Firefox, restarted Firefox, and quit Firefox.
(so Firefox can clean out the extension)

I manually deleted the Greasemonkey {GUID} whole DIRECTORY in the
Firefox extensions directory. In my case, it is located here:
  "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\
     extensions\{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}"

I manually deleted all of the "Greasemonkey" config values in prefs.js.
  "C:\WINDOWS\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\prefs.js"
All lines that look similar to: (prefs that start with 'greasemonkey.')
BE _VERY_ CAREFUL! (this part really shouldn't be necessary)

   user_pref("greasemonkey.version", "0.4.2");

That should do it.
If it doesn't, then maybe your Firefox profile is corrupted.
Or worse.
You might have to UNINSTALL Firefox and re-install it.
(this often cures many Firefox ills and aches and pains)
Good luck.

--
Jack the Ripper may have been quite insane,
but he had beautiful penmanship.