[Greasemonkey] firefox weirdness (namespace conflicts?)

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 16:13:28 EDT 2005


One last comment on this: I tracked it down further and it appears to
depend not on a specific piece of javascript included in the other
extension, but on the total number of <script> tags.
If I remove or add any script tag, the exception does not occur during
GM's initialization.

I now avoid the problem by adding:
       <script type="application/x-javascript"> </script>
 to the other extension, thereby avoiding what is apparently a cursed number.

 - Godmar

On 7/28/05, Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com> wrote:
> You were right about the showInConsole pref.  When I turn it on, it says:
> 
> Error: ge("userscript-tools-manage") has no properties
> Source File: chrome://greasemonkey/content/browser.xul
> Line: 38
> 
>  - Godmar
> 
> On 7/28/05, Aaron Boodman <zboogs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > As I said, the error occurs despite no Javascript code being executed
> > > by the other extension - the fact that it include that
> > > communicator/utilityOverlay.js file is what breaks it - on Mac OS
> > > only.  I actually don't think GM or the other extension is to blame, I
> > > think it's a bug in FF; I only sent this email to see if others had
> > > experienced similar weirdness.
> >
> > Alright, well thanks for the ping. I also run release builds. We'll
> > definitely keep a lookout for similar reports. And I'll double-check
> > that FF 1.0.6 reports initialization errors as well.
> >
> > --
> > Aaron
> > _______________________________________________
> > Greasemonkey mailing list
> > Greasemonkey at mozdev.org
> > http://mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/greasemonkey
> >
>


More information about the Greasemonkey mailing list