[Greasemonkey] 0.4.2 - last call before open beta

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:22:51 EDT 2005

Ok, so I realize that you all are probably busy working and that
accounts for the lack of feedback more than the fact that it works.

But that won't take me from taking your silence as tacet approval.
Anyway, I'm really pretty confident in the last 0.4.2 I sent. This
version just has one minor tweak.

Based on a hole that Jesse Ruderman found (thanks Jesse) I changed

with (unsafeWindow) {
  with (window) {
    // script
  }
}

to:

with (window) {
  // script
}

The problem was that unsafeWindow could actually redefine what
"window" means, changing the meaning of that second with statement.
Yikes.

The result is that scripts which need to access content functions and
variables in Deer Park will again have to qualify them with
unsafeWindow. This probably affects very few scripts.

I appreciate everyone's input on naming, but decided to stick with
what I had originally.

If nobody stops me with something critical, I'll post the attached XPI
as a public beta on the website, greaseblog, and mozilla update
tonight.

Thanks for your help everyone,

--
Aaron