[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey 0.4.2 - Voyager

Bill Donnelly donnelly at snowcrest.net
Fri Jul 29 12:47:18 EDT 2005

Another fairly persistent error:

Error: [Exception... "'Error: Invalid state. Should have had a progress
event
and snarfed a sandbox ctor by now.' when calling method:
[nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]"  nsresult: "0x8057001c
(NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)"  location: "<unknown>"  data: no]

The other two were "fixed" by wrapping them in a try/catch.

The only real problem I can see is that they fill up the
JS Console pretty quick, which can tend to slow things down.

I'm looking for and at an extension, or something, that will
purge the JS Console of error messages, leaving the last 'N'
selectable when they get to be too many. Would be nice.

Unfortunately, Firefox, itself, has an XML error in it that
fills up the JS Console quickly: (occurs on almost every page)

Error: this.docShell has no properties
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml
Line: 0

and recently:

Error: document.commandDispatcher.focusedElement.parentNode has no
properties
Source File: chrome://global/content/findBar.js
Line: 282

(I've also discovered that the Find Bar often wigs out at some
point and quits working for searches, it just says "Not found",
but the Highlight continues to work in those cases)

--
Jack the Ripper may have been quite insane,
but he had beautiful penmanship.