[Greasemonkey] "Manage User Scripts..." not working?

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 11:33:07 EDT 2005

On 7/30/05, GuidoZ <uberguidoz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to add some URLs to a script I have installed (that is
> working). I checked out the documentation quickly and figured I'd pop
> into the "Manage User Scripts..." (MUS from now on) settings, then
> edit that script by adding the necessary URLs. Sounded simple enough
> and made perfect sense.
> Compact Menu 04-19-05

Versions higher than 0.3.5 are alpha/beta software.

GM is incompatible w/ Compact Menu.
Try disabling that extension as a test, if you like.

That extension is pretty rude, in that it clones the whole menu XUL,
breaking ID uniqueness and so on.  We may or may not ever -get-
compatible with it.

Meanwhile, you can live edit scripts by finding your profile
directory, then (in version 0.4.3 (I think)) and higher there's a
gm_scripts subdirectory.  Note that changing the metadata section has
no effect, but any other changes you make should.  In versions lower
than 0.4.3, you have to dig a little deeper:
profile-dir/extensions/{e4a8*}/chrome/greasemonkey/content/scripts,