[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey creates unusable gm_scripts on Linux

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 16:11:30 EDT 2005

> Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> > Okay, this may or may not have been mentioned before, but gm_scripts is
> > created readable and writable by the owner and readable by everyone
> > else, but a directory also needs to be executable for it to be possible
> > to enter it, so you have to manually chmod it 755. Could there be a
> > check that makes sure the directory is usable?

Hm yeah, I didn't think about that.

> I don't have this problem with the latest .5 GM release on FF 1.0.6 on
> Linux (FC3).

Is the directory created 644 but you can read it? Or is it created 755
somehow? Because I think I specifically coded it to be 644 in
Greasemonkey. There wasn't anything in Firefox to create the folder
with the "default" or to inherit them so far as I could see.

--
Aaron