[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey creates unusable gm_scripts on Linux

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 21:22:14 EDT 2005

chris feldmann wrote:
> On 7/31/05, *Matt Nordhoff* <mnordhoff at gmail.com
> <mailto:mnordhoff at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Robert G. Werner wrote:
>      > Matt Nordhoff wrote:
>      >> Okay, this may or may not have been mentioned before, but
>     gm_scripts is
>      >> created readable and writable by the owner and readable by everyone
>      >> else, but a directory also needs to be executable for it to be
>     possible
>      >> to enter it, so you have to manually chmod it 755. Could there be a
>      >> check that makes sure the directory is usable?
>      >>
>      > I don't have this problem with the latest .5 GM release on FF
>     1.0.6 on
>      > Linux (FC3).
>

> Created 755 here with greasemonkey, um, .5 I think (have there been a
> couple of those?....):
>
> drwxr-xr-x   2 axlotl users    4096 Jul 28 01:21 gm_scripts
>
> (2.6.11, firefox 1.06) Scripts are all 644.  Everything goes swimmingly.
>

>     Really? Huh. Unless I missed a release, well, I do. I guess I should
>     note that this is in trunk nightlies... Haven't tried it in 1.0.6.

I just tried again, and got this:

drw-r--r--  2 knoppix knoppix    4096 Jul 31 20:18 gm_scripts

(Yes, I'm in Knoppix. Gentoo hosed itself. Firefox profiles and some
other stuff is on my hard drive.)

That's with the second 0.5 Aaron posted in the 0.5 thread and today's
Firefox trunk nightly.

--
Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)