[Greasemonkey] Adding Bookmarks from GM

Dave Land land at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 11:29:33 EDT 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 12:39 AM, Jeremy Dunck wrote:

> On 9/6/05, Dave Land <land at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Good news: bringing up the bookmark dialog is a one-liner:
>>
>>      window.sidebar.addPanel( document.title, location.href, '')
>>

> Hooray, a variant of popup ads!  :)

Of course, they'd want to do it in a cross-platform way, so it becomes:

     if (document.all) { # IE detected
         window.external.addFavorite( location.href, document.title )
     } else if ( window.sidebar ) { # Mozillan browser detected
         window.sidebar.addPanel( document.title, location.href, '' )
     }

What surprises me is that this *hasn't* been jumped on by spammers.

Dave