[Greasemonkey] Philosophy of configuration designs

John Plsek gm at plsek.id.au
Tue Sep 13 16:30:59 EDT 2005

Randy J. Ray wrote:

> I want to re-visit the discussion over ways of letting users configure
> GM scripts that require various config data. I read up on the
> archives, so I'm not looking to re-hash the arguments from that
> thread. Rather, I want to get some feedback about what I see as two
> ways of configuration:

That's the second time my reply got totally WASHED CLEAN ... seems I
have to send the response in Plain text, no Auto Detect!!!

Anyway .... what I DID say was:

Personally, I prefer self contained scripts, websites do "go down", and
you KNOW it'll happen at the worst possible moment!!

However, I do agree, the configuration code can more than double the
size of a script and can become cumbersome to maintain when adding
features to a script.

John