[Greasemonkey] New script: Familiar Taste, a del.icio.us Greasemonkey script

chris feldmann cfeldmann at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 02:21:01 EDT 2005

On 9/15/05, chris feldmann <cfeldmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/14/05, Mark Pilgrim <pilgrim at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yeah, definitely, but I don't know if you'd hit it. Pilgrim knows more
> > > about this, his magic-line.js script skirts the line of sanity on how
> >
> > I feel a new tagline coming on...
> >
> > As for config values, Firefox parses the prefs.js file every time you
> > open a new window or a new tab (whether or not Greasemonkey is
> > enabled).  On my 1 GHz laptop, Firefox starts to slow down noticeably
> > after I've stored approximately 8000 separate values with GM_setValue.
>
> So THAT'S what's responsible for my new friend, the firefox dialog
> that says, "A script is making this page load slowly..." I was
> actually wondering if that might be the culprit. I guess I'll know
> whether it is by tomorrow.

Shit, does anyone know, actually, how to delete large numbers of
entries from the prefs.js file? The script itself says it gets written
every time the browser loads and to make changes through the
about:config URL. But it is not apparent to me how to even delete
single entries from there, much less a large block of them.