[Greasemonkey] API brainstorming: GM services?

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 18:45:50 EDT 2005

On 9/21/05, Julien Couvreur <julien.couvreur at gmail.com> wrote:
> The idea is to create the concept of "user services". They would be
> available to user scripts.
> Some more brainstorming would be needed to figure out how these things
> are installed and started.

So I'm gun-shy on security.  A big problem I see with this is that
various scripts could share state between (same or) different scripts
between pages and domains inadvertantly.

So, we'd have to design to avoid that...

On the other hand, I can see this crazy inter-page messaging system
being crazily useful.   Say, one script gathers info while surfing and
dispatches info to another user script on another (un-surfed) tab.
Intermediated shopping cart, for example.

GM_telnet still sounds nuts to me.  :)