[Greasemonkey] Identity Testing and wrappedJSObject Property

Tom Tobin korpios at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:03:52 EDT 2005

Is there anything unsafe about accessing the wrappedJSObject property
solely for purposes of identity (===) testing?

I have a function, is_ancestor, which checks if a given node is an
ancestor of another node; it normally uses identity testing along the
way.  I recently noticed that the new use of XPCNativeWrapper broke
this, and the only solution I can come up with is to use the
aforementioned wrappedJSObject property of the two nodes.

Am I in the clear?  If not, am I missing an alternate way to do this?  :-)