[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey Imports now available.

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:09:55 EDT 2005

On 9/27/05, Gareth Andrew <freega at freegarethandrew.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately I've also had some setbacks and I've had to remove support
> for binary files, as they don't travel well over xhr.  The workaround is
> to import text files which contain data URI's.  This means I've dropped
> the getDataURI() and the getFileURL() methods, as the former was
> difficult to write and the latter wasn't of any use and posed a mild
> security risk.

Let's not make people encode images as data URIs. I'm confident a
solution can be found to the binary issue. Does the transport *have*
to be xmlhttprequest? Isn't this all running behind the scenes inside
Greasemonkey itself? We could just use the proper IO XPCOM interfaces
directly.

Note I've not looked at this in awhile so I might be way off base. Sorry :-)

--
Aaron