[Greasemonkey] How do I modify the Javascript source?

Shreevatsa R shreevatsa.slashdot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:11:55 EDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, it depends on how the function is used.
>
> Can you link to an example page?

Unfortunately, I can't, because it's my ISP's page for checking
account usage, etc, and it is only accessible from my ISP, and
besides, it requires a password.

Basically, there is a link called "User Info" that corresponds to:
"<a href="#"  onclick="check(1);return false;" class="zi01">User Info</a>"

and there is a function "check", that begins as:
"function check(parameter){
        if(parameter==1){
            parent.frames(0).location.href="userinfo.jsp" + "?" + new
Date().toString();
        } else if(parameter==2) {
"
which is where the offending syntax occurs.

I can save the page and its source and send them (252K uncompressed),
if you wish.

Thanks for the help,
Shreevatsa