[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey compiler update?

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:57:57 EDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Bill Donnelly <donnelly at snowcrest.net> wrote:
> (I think he did it that way because he knows Python and
> wanted to offer it as a CGI program -- you're lucky he
> published the source -- if I had time, I'd do it for you --

Yes, wouldn't we all.  :)

> even for Python, for the most part, just suck the GM_*()
> functions code out of the Gm extension and 'support it' --
> personally, I'd 'normalize' it to JS, though (only/mostly
> coz I'm not a Python'r, either)

For an efficient intro to Python, diveintopython.org is your friend.
And you won't regret the time spent.

>-- if you get stuck, I might
> be able to help a little)

The compiler doesn't know anything about JS and doesn't need to.  You
can just paste in the defs from the GM source for the most part.

Also, coding this in JS would suck because it doesn't nicely handle
multi-line strings, which is a lot of what you'd be using.