[Greasemonkey] What is unsafeWindow?

chris feldmann cfeldmann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 21:23:53 EDT 2005

On 9/30/05, WHITEMARE2 <whitemare2 at delphiforums.com> wrote:

> I often see people posting about unsafeWindow, but I do not know what that is.  Is there a site where I can learn about what it is and when to use it?
>
> White
It's greasemonkey specific.
It replaces the window object in the brave new age of
XPCNativeWrappers. Use it to access script objects already on a page
that you want to manipulate. So if there is, say, a function in the
DOM of a page and you want to get at it with a script, use
unsafeWindow where the content would use the window object:

http://mozdev.org/pipermail/greasemonkey/2005-July/004379.html

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Amozdev.org%20unsafeWindow